10 September, 2014—DocsCorp, (www.docscorp.com) a global leader in document productivity software for document management professionals, announced today the release of cleanDocs Desktop 1.6, the world’s fastest, most advanced software for managing metadata risks for desktop and mobile users.
Speed, flexibility and control over metadata
cleanDocs, a hybrid solution that consists of two modules – cleanDocs Desktop and cleanDocs Mobile, removes more than 100 plus metadata types from documents at sub-second speeds, eliminating bottlenecks and lost productivity. Both modules can be deployed independently or together for a more comprehensive metadata management solution.
cleanDocs 1.6: what’s new
Already in use by more than 150 businesses globally since its initial release in February 2014, the cleanDocs 1.6 version release extends integration with the HP WorkSite document management system, MS Word and MS Outlook to provide users with new and more efficient cleaning workflows.
- Right-click on a supported document, or set of documents in HP WorkSite to remove certain metadata types. Integrates with HP WorkSite 8.5. 9.0
- Analyze and clean documents for 100 plus metadata types directly from MS Word. Integrates with MS Word 2010 and 2013
- Cleaned documents can be saved as a copy, as a new document or as a replacement document
- IT Administrators can control how users interact with the cleaning process, e.g. all documents can be cleansed on send without user intervention
- cleanDocs 1.6 now supports Outlook 2007 users
The cleanDocs 1.6 release further extends the depth and breadth of DocsCorp’s growing portfolio of document productivity solutions, which include compareDocs and pdfDocs, to provide organizations with all the tools they need to better manage their business-critical documents from a single technology partner, integrating with the office applications and document management systems they use on a daily basis.
The clean, modern interface common to all the companion products ensures that users focus their attention on the task at hand rather than grappling with complex and confusing user interfaces, a feature that resonated with Eric A. Barr, Executive Director at US law firm Bingaman Hess:
“We made the switch to cleanDocs because of the clean interface as well as the speed, which was a huge improvement over our previous metadata cleaning solution. We also like the ability to set company-wide metadata cleaning policies. We can choose a policy from the drop-down menu, enabling us to clean all document types. We've found cleanDocs simple, fast, and easy to use. We highly recommend it.”
Global media contact