pdfDocs 4.1 highlights:
- pdfDocs 4.1 is a complete redesign with a MS Office 2010/13 look and feel, including Backstage view and Ribbon menus. The modern user interface reduces complexity and clutter, allowing the user to focus on the task at hand. This will also reduce training requirements as it works like most of the standard applications on a user’s desktop.
- users will also see significant speed improvements in software performance, as well as streamlined workflows. These enhancements have been achieved through a combination of new technologies and the availability of multi-core CPUs.
Work in Single Document mode
- pdfDocs 4.1 now works independently of Organizer and Binder Projects. Single Document mode eliminates the need to use Adobe Reader. Simply double-click on any PDF on your desktop or email attachment, edit and save the PDF to your desktop or directly into your document management system.
- improved inline text editing makes it easier to make changes to PDF documents.
New Editor functions
- a completely redeveloped PDF Editor pane allows you to easily review and edit PDF content. Forms capabilities are now standard in pdfDocs including formfilling and design.
Optical Character Recognition support
– the OCR module extends document workflows to digitize business information contained in paper documents and image files, which can be converted to MS Word, or text-searchable PDF. The OCR module supports more than 180 languages.
– users can apply a digital signature to sign or validate a form or document.
– a series of E-Learning modules can be accessed from within pdfDocs 4.1. These have been developed by online learning specialists, Capensys.
Commenting on the new pdfDocs 4.1 design and development, Dean Sappey, President DocsCorp, said that the company had invested over USD $2 million in the product over the past 12 months with more than 80% of the original pdfDocs code being rewritten in the latest development languages. cleanDocs, compareDocs and contentCrawler have also been redesigned with the same, modern user interface.
"With more and more of our clients deploying all of the companion products from our document productivity suite, we felt it was important to standardize the interface so users could work on any number of document production tasks no matter what the application or device. This investment will ensure we continue to deliver a technology that is future-proofed to our customers worldwide."
The DocsCorp document productivity suite consists of cleanDocs, compareDocs, contentCrawler and pdfDocs to provide organizations with all the tools they need to better manage their business-critical documents from a single technology partner, integrating with the office applications and document management systems they use on a daily basis.
pdfDocs provides out-of-the-box integration with MS Office, HP WorkSite, HP TRIM, OpenText eDOCS DM, OpenText ContentServer, NetDocuments ProLaw, Worldox and many other systems.
DocsCorp provides document professionals who use enterprise content management systems with integrated, easy-to-use software and services that extend document processing, review, manipulation and publishing workflows inside and outside their environment to drive business efficiency and to increase the value of their existing technology investment. DocsCorp operates in all countries around the world with customers located throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia/Pacific. More than 3,500 organizations rely on DocsCorp software every day.
North American contact
Asia Pacific contact