By Caitlin Burns, DocsCorp Content Manager.
PDFs contain metadata that can include sensitive information or personal details about the author. It’s important to protect that information by cleaning it from a PDF before it is shared externally.
cleanDocs users have access to technology that removes over 100 different metadata types in seconds. It’s also very easy to use. Scroll down to see two ways to clean metadata from PDFs.
Option one: clean PDFs on your desktop
- Right-click the PDF or PDFs you want to clean and select ‘Clean with cleanDocs.’
2. Select your cleaning policy from those available.
The standard policies are ‘Collaborate’ for internal use and for trusted communications with collaborators, or ‘Publish’ when sending PDFs to clients or for publication.
3. Press Process to clean the PDF. You can choose to save the cleaned version as a replacement or as a separate version or copy.
Option two: clean PDFs when you send them from Outlook
- Add your PDF or PDFs as attachments
- Press Send and cleanDocs will display
- Make your cleaning selections
- Press Process and Send
The attachments will be cleaned, and the email will be sent. The email in your Sent Items will contain the same metadata-free documents that were sent to the recipients.
Ready to try these workflows for yourself? Press below to fill in the form and start your free trial of cleanDocs today.