OpenText eDOCS DM integration with DocsCorp suite
OpenText is a document management system for large corporations across all industries, enabling them to better manage information and business-critical documents on premise or in the cloud, improving decision-making and organizational agility to gain a competitive advantage.
More capable OpenText document management system
The DocsCorp suite of productivity tools integrate with OpenText's document management systems, specifically OpenText eDOCS DM and OpenText Content Server.
DocsCorp integrates with eDOCS DM out of the box to provide users with document comparison, PDF creation, collation and editing capability. eDOCS DM and Content Server administrators can query and search for specific documents in the document management system that need to be OCR'ed and/or reduced in file size as a backend process.
More efficient OpenText document management system
DocsCorp integrated solutions drive business efficiency, while increasing the value of your OpenText document management system investment.
DocsCorp provides OpenText eDOCS DM users with a number of distinct solutions:
OpenText bulk processing
contentCrawler intelligently assesses image-based documents in OpenText eDOCS DM for batch conversion to text-searchable PDFs and/or document compression. contentCrawler integrates with
OpenText eDOCS DM to provide the following benefits:
- Simplify management of image-based documents
- Reduce non-compliance risks
- Increase efficiency through automation
- Reduce costs managing OCR technology
OpenText document comparison
compareDocs analyzes the difference between two documents with incredible accuracy and reliability across all document types. compareDocs integrates with OpenText eDOCS DM to provide the following benefits:
- Streamlines the document review process
- Provides paper-based, image-based and text-based comparison workflows
- Reduces risks and possibilities of errors
- Enables users to meet industry and government compliance requirements
OpenText PDF creation and editing
pdfDocs delivers higher levels of efficiency and productivity when assembling, editing and distributing business-critical documents in PDF or PDF/A. pdfDocs integrates with OpenText eDOCS DM to provide the following benefits:
- Create PDF and PDF/A documents
- Collaborate with project-centric workspaces
- Make quick work of electronic binders
- Secure documents with encryption, metadata removal and redaction
Our document management system integration varies between OpenText products and versions. Here are some key capabilities and features across our products.
PDF for OpenText eDOCS DM
- pdfDocs is our PDF solution for OpenText eDOCS DM. It integrates with the OpenText document management system out of the box. It does not require any special connectors.
- Users can import or save external PDF documents directly into eDOCS DM as a New Document / New Version / Related Document / Attachment or Sub-version.
- In OpenText eDOCS DM, right clicks offer Email as PDF; Create as New Document / New Version / Related / Attachment / Sub-version; Apply Digital Signatures; OCR to Word; OCR to PDF, and load into a pdfDocs Project to combine with other documents.
- pdfDocs provides OpenText eDOCS DM users with a more capable and efficient PDF solution.
Document comparison for OpenText
compareDocs is a document comparison tool for OpenText eDOCS DM users. It will compare 2 Word documents, or compare 2 PDF documents for differences. The resulting Comparison Report, highlighting the differences between the 2 Word documents, for example, can be saved back into eDOCS DM.
Users can right-click on a Word or PDF document in eDOCS DM and compare for differences, or browse to documents in eDOCS directly from the compareDocs interface.
DocsCorp OpenText clients
Bugge, Arentz-Hansen and Rasmussen
Top Norwegian law firm, Bugge, Arentz-Hansen and Rasmussen goes with compareDocs as its document comparison tool, replacing Workshare's Deltaview.
Leading law firm, Fox Rothschild, selected pdfDocs and compareDocs for PDF creation and document comparison. Both products integrate with OpenText eDOCS out of the box.
New Orleans-based McGlinchey Stafford replaces Adobe Acrobat with pdfDocs, a cost-effective solution that enabled McGlinchey Stafford to put the power of PDF creation and management on more desktops than previously.
For specific integration versions and details, download our integration matrix document.